RV parks are becoming an increasingly popular destination, as many travelers are deciding to spend more time outdoors with friends and family. According to the Outdoor Foundation, 7.1 million more Americans participated in outdoor recreation in 2020 than in 2019.
As an RV park owner or manager, your goal is to increase bookings while building a solid reputation for your business — and the right software can help you do just that.
There are a number of solutions available, but it’s important to find what works for your business. Here are some of our favorite features to take advantage of when it comes to RV park software solutions:
4 Features to Look for in an RV Park Software Solution
1. Guest Experience Tools
Creating an incredible experience for your guests is always at the top of your list, but with technology frequently changing, keeping up can feel overwhelming. By using a software that takes care of updates for you, you can utilize new features, such as:
- Mobile check-in. Contactless check-in has become a crucial tool to provide safety and flexibility. By offering this to your guests, they have the option to check in and out whenever is most convenient for them.
- Online reservations. Save your guests and staff valuable time and effort by offering online reservations. This will allow your guests to manage their reservations, make payments, and get reminders about their upcoming stay.
- Guest marketing tools. Emails, SMS messaging, and other marketing tools allow you to enhance the guest experience. Create a personalized experience by sending out the latest offers, promotions, and other communications.
Despite your campers’ desire for seclusion, your staff can still effectively communicate with guests to improve their experience, while respecting their privacy and preference of limiting interactions.
2. Online Booking Engine
Cloud-based solutions are critical for getting the most out of your RV park management software for a few reasons.
- Maximize your bookings. By managing your reservations in the cloud, you can get an up-to-date overview of your availability, which can help your team reduce the amount of booking errors.
- Secure your data in the cloud. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your database is safe from any threats.
- Access your data anytime, from anywhere. No matter if you’re in the office, at your RV park, or on the road, your property information is available to you on any device.
With these capabilities, you’ll be able to focus on your property management whenever you’d like, giving you the ability to constantly review and enhance your operations.
3. Channel Manager
Channel management can be difficult. It can be hard to stay organized, keep track of prices, and manage bookings — but the right tools can help simplify your process.
Through RV park management software, you can directly connect to all major OTAs. This allows you to update rates and availability across multiple channels instantly, without having to keep track of each platform separately or the need for third-party distribution.
4. Multi-Property Analytics
Managing multiple properties brings unique challenges, but you don’t have to deal with them alone. By managing multiple properties in one centralized software, you can get insight on a specific property’s pricing and bookings, as well as an overall view for your business.
In-depth reporting provides you with key information to continuously improve your property, such as insights that will help you make data-driven decisions. You can also identify, monitor, and update your key performance indicators (KPIs) and goals, such as cost and revenue, based on these reports. This information can help you plan ahead for both next quarter and next year.
Reporting will also help you identify busy and slow seasons to better prepare. For example, you can plan your marketing efforts to accommodate for any changes in your bookings or operations.
With the right RV park booking software, you won’t have to worry about hopping between different property sites — you’ll have access to all of your real-time booking information.
Tools for Success: Utilizing the Features of an RV Park Management Software To Benefit Your Property
Having a goal of operational excellence might seem too ambitiouslike a difficult task, but it doesn’t have to be. By implementing the right tools, you’ll be able to increase your efficiency, improve the guest experience, and save money — all at the same time.
The right reservation and property management software can help you improve your business through a number of features, including:
- Customer experience and marketing tools.
- Streamlined, interconnected operations for multi-property businesses.
- Robust reporting.
- Revenue management.
- Dynamic pricing.
With an all-in-one, cloud-based property and reservation management solution, you’ll have all the tools you need for a successful RV park. Whether you have one property or locations all across the country, the right solution can help you achieve your operational goals to improve the guest experience.
Ready to learn more about achieving operational excellence at your RV park? Download our guide to get started today!