Operational excellence is a mindset that all outdoor properties strive for — but it can be easier said than done. You may even find yourself wondering what will make your campground or RV park become increasingly successful.
Habits for Your Outdoor Property To Implement
By adopting the following habits at your property, you can quickly and efficiently drive your business to success.
1. Implement New Camping Trends
New trends emerge every day — and camping trends are no exception. By offering the latest technology and adapting to camper preferences, you’ll stand out from other properties in your area and can further entice guests to book their stay with you.
Some current camping trends and preferences include:
- Online bookings. Many campers prefer to book their reservations online. By allowing your guests to create, manage, and pay for their bookings online, you meet their needs, while freeing up your staff to focus on the campers who are already at your property.
- Self check-in/out. This self-service trend has become especially popular over the last couple of years with the rise of COVID-19, as guests want to manage their arrivals and departures without unnecessary contact with your staff members.
- A glamping experience. Many campers enjoy a glamping — a combination of “glamourous” and “camping” — experience. This could include WiFi, entertainment, or other experiences that might not be available at all outdoor properties — and can help your business stand out.
- Additional amenities. Whether you include a fire pit at each campsite, have hammocks throughout your RV park, or another amenity that’s specific to your property, you can create additional activities for your guests to enjoy!
- Rentals and activities. By having rentals and other activities available for an additional fee, you can create an extra source of revenue for your business, while keeping your campers engaged. You can offer bike, kayak, or sporting equipment rentals, campfire cooking classes, or guided hiking tours for nearby trails.
2. Consistently Train Your Team
Since camper trends and expectations are always evolving, it’s important that your team has ongoing training to stay up to date with the latest trends in the industry.
By continuously training your team, you can provide your outdoor staff with the proper knowledge and skills they need to successfully handle requests, challenges, and more. This can benefit your property by improving your customer service experience and creating a stronger bond between your staff members, which improves your business overall.
In addition, be sure to provide training on your campground or RV resort management software. This allows your team to successfully manage bookings, assist guests, and grow their knowledge of the platform as new features are added.
3. Utilize Strong Marketing Strategies
Successful campgrounds and RV parks have strong marketing strategies that they consistently implement and update. There are a number of factors to include in a marketing strategy that can create an engaging digital experience for your guests, including:
- Create a helpful, well-designed website. By having a central hub that your campers can go to for more information — such as amenities, current pricing, and contact information — you’re saving both time and money. You can also offer direct bookings on your website so your campers can book their stay as soon as they’re ready.
- Connect with your campers on social media. By creating branded social media profiles, posting high-quality content, and engaging with current and potential campers, you can make sure you’re on their mind when they’re ready to book their next getaway.
- Send visitors emails and SMS text messages. Whether you’re sending out a promotion code, asking for feedback on their most recent stay, or connecting for another reason, it’s critical to remain engaged with your audience.
With an in-depth marketing strategy, you’ll be able to stay in touch with campers all year round!
4. Use the Right Booking Software
One of the best practices you can have is to utilize a campground or RV resort management software that is tailored for your property. With this tool in place, you can reduce errors and free up time for your staff, ensuring your daily operations go uninterrupted.
A reservation system’s reporting feature also provides great insights about your operations that help you make data-driven decisions to improve your property.
Improve Your Outdoor Property With an Operational Excellence Mindset
Implementing these habits — including management software — are just a few ways to improve your property and maintain an operational excellence mindset.
With so many options available, it can feel difficult to know where to begin. That’s why we’ve broken down the key factors of operational excellence for outdoor properties, including how to:
- Elevate the guest experience
- Improve guest and staff communication
- Integrate with partner technologies
- Empower employees
- Simplify multi-property management
Download our eBook, Operational Excellence in Hospitality, to learn about these aspects and more to improve your outdoor property today!